Friday, February 08, 2008

UPDATE!

We spoke to the case worker for half an hour and although no decision has been made the other couple has decided this isn't a right fit for them. So it's between us and 'A' choosing to parent.

A blogger friend of mine D adopted a baby girl about a month ago and was so okay up to the day her baby was born about their b-mom changing her mind. She even put together a bag of baby stuff in case she chose to parent. I honestly thought she was crazy (no offense D!) but now I get it.. I really get it. There's a girl and her BABY involved. Weather she's fit to parent or not, she loves this child and that won't change. So if she chooses to parent, we will be sad yes. But we will understand. Because this isn't our child.. it's hers.

We are in a good place. God is in control and He is in the center. We know HE will take care of us, A and her baby. No matter what happens.

So I will update you more tomorrow!

Oh and I should mention they haven't said that they are considering not placing.. we're just being realistic knowing that's still an option.

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the update. Either way, that baby is going to end up with a family who loves her very much, so she is very lucky. That said, I am SO hoping for you!!!

Alicia O. & the gang said...

So really you are going to bed now????? Hoping a great night of sleep for you two!

Erin said...

WOW! That's all I can say....I will continue to pray for ALL OF YOU...baby, birthmom, you and Joey. It's a difficult and stressful time for you...God will give you strength!

Heather said...

I'm a few days late to this news, but--WOW! You must be on pins and needles.

Praying for you and A tonight.

erin said...

My heart stopped. Then started. Then broke, thinking of what this poor girl is going through.

You are so strong. Have a good night, and we'll all pray, knowing God is doing just what He needs to for that baby.

Miss said...

It is 11:30 and I can not sleep. I feel as if my little niece was born today and is just waiting for us to all officially fall in love with her! How can I feel a conection to someone I may never even meet?????

=)

Kassi said...

Every time I read your blogs, I get jealous. Your faith and strength amazes me. Your blogs have actually helped me grow in my own faith and believing in GODS will for my life, not MY will for my life. Thank you for that!!!
I'm still praying and I know that God has got the most wonderful plans laid out for you!!!! Keep walking in HIS will and it will all fall into place!

Dena said...

I have been reading your blog since seeing your profile on the nest. My husband our 20 month old son and I have been praying for you and Joey and will certainly continue with a renewed urgency tonight!

I have always wanted to tell you that I think you are such a shining example of strength and faith that you are truely an inspiration.

I hope god brings you peace tonight so you may get some sleep and we'll be sure to pray for the birthmom and her baby too!

Continued love and prayers from Pennsylvania! (and crossed fingers, of course :)

Dena, Michael and Jack

The Writer Chic said...

Rachel....OMG! I logged on the other day to take your hair poll (looks fantastic, by the way!), and I come back to find all THIS!? I will be lifting you up in my prayers until you post, but I can't help but feel optomistic that you just became a mommy... Hope you are resting well, and I can't wait to hear good news!

Pat said...

Your strength and faith is always amazing to me - no matter what happens, this baby will be so loved. It takes such great strength to see what you can see in the face of somthing this 'big'. You are, hands down, one of the most amazing women I have had the privledge to meet.

Dorette said...

Are on pins and needles the whole time! Cannot imagine how you must feel - wanting the ons thing SO badly, but still trying to trust God and His perfect will for our lives. Praying hard that God will give you your heart's desire, and that this baby is His perfect will for you!

Wishing you and your DH the very best

Dorette

mindy said...

Oh Rachel, I jumped out of bed this morning for an update =) I too feel the need to praise you and commend you for your faith and strength. I started following your blog about 9 months ago when I saw you on the nest and feel in love.

I just feel like I "know" you and can feel what you are going through. I was talking to a friend last night and was trying to tell her your story and she was like you care that much about someone you've never met?!? Yes, I do and I'm praying very, very hard for you.

Remember the heading on your blog, God has a plan for you and someday that plan will call you mom. Praying hard ~ blesssings!