It's not horrible... but we only got 4 embies. All 20 eggs were mature and they ICSI'd 12 and naturally fertilized the other 8.
3 ICSI'd and 1 fertilized naturally.
The reason I guess so many didn't fertilize was because there was an issue with the sperm. She said they were very round in form and most were missing the acryzome that contains the DNA to create an embryo.
Pray for Joey, I hope this isn't too hard for him to hear. We still have 4 perfect embies growing!
So the plan is we're doing to do a 3dt tomorrow at 8:30, there's a chance she said it'll be a 5dt on Sunday though. We'll find out tomorrow around 7am. But we're planning on tomorrow.
Now I'm just VERY VERY VERY happy that we had 20 eggs. If I'd only had 6 we might have ended up with 1 or 0 embies :-(
And I'm praying very hard that the other 2 will be able to be frozen. I want all of them to have a chance at life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Rachel,
Those are great odds! We had 4 embryos at first fertilization report and they transfered an 8-cell and a 7-cell on day 3. One obviously stuck because now we have Noah! I have such good vibes coming your way right now! Thannks for posting right away. I've checked your blog about a dozen times already today.
Oh, and about the transfer - I had to take Valium an hour before transfer and man was I loopy! I guess I said the weirdest stuff. It's also strange because you're awake for this portion. But, it doesn't hurt at all - nothing to worry about. Just take care of yourself afterward while you wait (not so patiently) for the BFP!
I am praying so hard for you guys right now! It is great that one fertilized naturally! Grow embies, grow!!
Grow embies grow!!
Hope it goes well.
Amy
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com
Rachel and Joey, I'm NOT an embryo expert...just a nusre, ivf recipient and a mum but I'm gobsmacked (oh...an Australian term for stunned in a good way) that one fertilized naturally!! that is the best news ever!! (we have identical reasons for doing ivf if you follow my drift)
Four embryos is great...four little folk already part of your lives...Good luck sounds like not enough to say :)
Its true the transfer does not hurt at all so don't be worried. Its totally surreal walking away thinking you have little embryos inside you...enjoy every moment of it.
You seem to have such wonderful support both with your family and friends on here...we are all hoping for smooth sailing :):)
Very positive thinking girl! 4 is good, you only need 1 to attach it will happen. Tell Joey not to be hurt or sad you all got 4 it would be worse if you got 0. Hang in there and best of luck tomorrow and wishing lots of good attachment tomorrow!
Post a Comment