I've had several people ask so I should explain!
So when a sperm and egg combine it creates a 1 celled embryo. It's how we all start out! But approximately every 24 hours it doubles. So the next day it should be 2 celled and the next 4 celled.
Well yesterday we had 4 -4 celled embryos. They were progressing as they should be. By today it would be ideal for both of them be be 8 celled embryos, indicating that they were moving along healthily and perfectly. However today we had 2- 8 celled embryos (perfect!) and the other two had stopped progressing and died.
So for them to be 8 cells today means they're exactly as they should be! Hopefully they continue to double! Until... well I don't know when they stop doubling! But you get the point :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks a ton for the explanation...I didn't want to be the only shmuck asking these qeustions...but I truly am interested and hopeful for the two of you! Thanks.
Post a Comment