Friday, April 18, 2008

Who is Purty Pat?

I know a lot of you don't "know" each other, but then many others do from the nest and the blog world.But many of you probably don't know who "Purty Pat" is.... so let me tell!!

Purty Pat is my Grandma!! :-) She is the CUTEST, COOLEST, FUNNIEST and most loving woman I know! I feel beyond blessed to be in her amazing family (as I know does all my family) and I LOVE that she's in the blog world!

Our joke in our family is "will the real Pat C***** please stand up?" (like the song..) So now it's "will the real Purty Pat please stand up"... haha...

My grams is so fun and hip and we all just adore her! Honestly does it get better than a grandma who blogs?

But in all seriousness, I don't think God created a more amazing family than mine (sorry if yours is just as good, but I doubt it's better! haha). My grandparents are two of the MOST amazing people I know! People often say how they can tell how much Joey and I are in love and I think to myself "you ain't seen nothing!" seriously, my grandparents are two of the cutest people I know. They've been married almost 60 years and they still hold hands and kiss and hug and sit close! I love it. They've provided a beautiful example of marriage that my parents have followed and I know all of us kids are trying to as well!


About this time last year my grandpa was having some major heart surgery done and even though he's so strong, he (and some others) were worried he wouldn't make it. My sister and I did a shoot with them and I wanted to share the clip! It's not long but TRUST ME it's worth watching! :-) And the loud but adorable laugh in the background is Melissa's (at the end during the bloopers) :-)

The Gparents


Oh and did I mention my grandparents have the best laughs? :-)

15 comments:

Kristen said...

Very sweet. I hope when I have been married that long that we can still love and laugh like them!

P.S. Melissa's laugh is contagious!

Purty Pat said...

Oh, Rachel - What can I say - you are way too kind in your words. Just thinking about that video taken the day before Grandpa's surgery makes us all the more thankful what God has brought him through this past year. We have been so fortunate to have lived all these years and been blessed by such a wonderful family. When I was a young girl in school I always envied the kids that came from a big family (I have one brother whom I love dearly) but would have liked more siblings. But here God has blessed us with all of you. Do you realize this year after you and Erica have your babies we'll be up to 63 people!!! Thanks so much for your sweet words, back at cha! BTW it's fun reading all of you girls' blogs and your friends' replies. What a good way to keep in touch. Wow! Even an Aussie friend!! Hope you have a good night Love, Grams

Mary said...

They are sooo cute!!! I am crying and laughing all at the same time. I was just thinking about how blessed we are to have Grandma & Grandpa on my drive to work this morning. They are too funny in the video. Well said =)

Anonymous said...

Rachel, you are AMAZING at capturing beautiful moments! I have yet to watch one of your videos the entire way through without crying! Thanks so much for sharing that!

jpandtheboys said...

I think that was just about the cutest sweetest thing I have ever seen! Seriously they are too cute for words. I love the way you and Miss share your lives, and your family! It's so fun.

Barbara said...

I think this video might need a rating!

Theresa said...

Having grown up without grandparents we "adopted" our aunt and uncle (who, due to my gma birthing 7 children over 18 years, are old enough to be our grandparents)as our grandparents. I just lost my uncle in February and this video had be crying from start to finsh (still have tears). It not only is such a sweet video, but you are so lucky to have such active grandparents that are such a great example. Treasure every minute you and your family have with them!!

Purty Pat said...

I smell a rat. Could her name be Barbara? Purty Pat did not say the above, "I think this video might need a rating" Let me tell her or whom ever the culprit may be that plagiarism (the intentional or unwitting presentation of another's ideas as one's own) can be prosecuted. So beware!!!

close2it said...

What a great video! I'm always so touched by your videos and slide shows...what special memories they are for you and your family. I don't think one has ever left me with a dry eye. You and your sister are so talented.

When I see older couples holding hands, I always ask my dh if he'll make sure he holds my hand when we get old. What inspiring love your grandparents have for all of us!

Thanks for sharing!

mindy said...

That was so touching. Thanks for sharing. I have one set of grandparents still alive and they have been married for over 50 years, and I love seeing them in love. It is so neat that you were able to capture these moments on video, it makes everything so fun!

laurid said...

My grandparents are no longer living and watching this made me miss them so much. I could almost smell gpa's favorite aftershave and gma's perfume. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I LOVED THE VIDEO!!! Your grandma is amazing :) Thanks for sharing!

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

i have seen the video before but i love it every time...we do have the best grandparents!

Anonymous said...

As someone who just said goodbye to her grandpa 3 months ago and is about to lose her grandma as well to cancer any day now, I just have to say that I was deeply moved by your video clip. I was literally brought to tears. Grandparents are such special people and I treasure every second I have/had with them, as you have as well. Thank you for sharing this, Rach.

Miss said...

You stole my idea! I have been wanting to write about GRams on my blog...well, I still prob will! =)

Also...sorry I laughed so much in the video. I laughed while WATCHING it and then I laguhed even harder when I heard how hard I laughed during the filming! I FORGET that you need my to BE QUIET!!!!